[openstack-dev] [kolla] balancing core team karma and collecting statements from kolla team.

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Thu Dec 8 15:09:14 UTC 2016

Right now I try to attack the bug list whenever I get time, admittedly
it's not a regular activity though. I actually wasn't aware kolla and
kolla-ansible had separate bug trackers, so far I've just been following
the kolla one so this is good to know.

One issue I have is the fact that a large proportion of emails I get
from launchpad are from people logging bugs just to submit a change
(e.g. a change that needs backport or whatever). Hence the issues being
filed by actual users having a problem can get drowned out by the noise
from day to day development. It's not uncommon to come in to 200+
launchpad emails per day, there's simply not time to go through all these.

If anyone has tips on how to better filter these or ways backports could
be tracked without having to create a bug just for record that would be
great.

-Paul