[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Dariusz Śmigiel smigiel.dariusz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:18:12 UTC 2016

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 09:47:15AM +0100, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> On Friday, 2 December 2016 14:42:31 CET Matt Riedemann wrote:
>> > But like we recently talked about the stable team meetings, we don't
>> > really need to be in a separate -alt room for those when we have the
>> > channel and anyone that cares about stable enough to be in the meeting
>> > is already in that channel, but sometimes the people in that channel
>> > forget about the meeting or which of the 20 alt rooms it's being held
>> > in, so they miss it (or Tony is biking down a volcano and we just don't
>> > have a meeting).
>>
>> This is just part of the problem, but couldn't the bot remind about the
>> meeting before its start on the main channel of a project? It would help with
>> people forgetting about the meetings.
>>
> I'm glad I am not the only one who has wanted this. Always thought it would be a
> nice feature to have one of our bot remind me, PM would work, about coming
> events.
>
> This could be fixed if I could figure out have to run a calendar notifications
> via console.

Oslo community has working tool for that purpose [1]. Probably it
could be used during other meetings.

Although, if someone is interested in particular Meeting, probably
will be able to have some kind of reminder: calendar, console one
(sent by fungi in other thread[2]).

I've seen couple flash meetings in different #openstack-{project}
channels, so I think, instead of creating new separated channel,
better would be just to have meeting activity in the {project} one.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/oslo.tools/blob/master/ping_me.py
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-December/108470.html