[openstack-dev] [qa] Hacking 0.13.0 broken

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:32:38 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I would normally have brought this up at the QA team meeting but those
meetings are usually either quite late at night or quite early in the
morning for me and thus unattendable for me.

In the last couple weeks we've merged and released broken code that
had an underspecified use-case ostensibly because we all want to help
each other be more productive. That said, as one of the few people who
understands the interactions between what hacking uses (since Joe
left) it seems like we're not enforcing the same level of quality for
hacking that we do for other projects.

Because the use case is far too fuzzy, and the code broken (and the
code to fix it, further hardening our dependency on unsupported
versions of upstream dependencies) I'm strongly proposing we revert
the original change (https://review.openstack.org/407101).

We should be working with the upstream communities (like we used to)
and providing them with clear, unambiguous, narrowly defined use cases
that will convince them of the benefits of our feature requests.

Cheers,
--
Ian Cordasco