[openstack-dev] [ALU] Re: [ALU] [vitrage] datasource driver returnsentities only?

Weyl, Alexey (Nokia - IL) alexey.weyl at nokia.com
Sun Dec 4 08:31:40 UTC 2016

Hi Yujun,

I see the confusion.

The way we find the resource entity (it’s different than finding the alarm entity, but it’s ok because the static datasource is defining relationships between resource entities) is in the following way:
Each entity has a vitrage_id which is defined by “RESOURCE:<entity_type>:<entity_id> (we are planning in the very near future to change the vitrage_id to be a UUID, but at the moment your change doesn’t need to refer to that), for example: “RESOURCE:nova.host:12345678”.

So in this way all you need to know about the other entity is it’s <entity_type> and it’s <entity_id>.

BR,
Alexey