[openstack-dev] [all] Creating a new IRC meeting room ?

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Dec 3 21:26:25 UTC 2016

Thierry,

I personally prefer the meeting rooms as they are; however, we do need more of them.  I am often pinged in various other meetings in the common meeting channels and find the group communication that happens in this way preferable to joining each specific project channel.  Joining each specific project channel just to be pinged when desired during a project meeting introduces significant cognitive overhead for me.

I don’t know how others feel.

I’d be in favor of increasing the meeting rooms to enable the worldwide membership of OpenStack to better communicate as groups rather than silos and managing the meeting channels proactively.

Regards
-steve