[openstack-dev] [qa] [openstack-health] Avoid showing non-official projects failure ratios

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:35:26 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, I totally agree we should only list active official projects in
>>> there, otherwise long-dead things like Cue will make the view look bad.
>>> Looks like the system adds new ones but does not remove anything ? It
>>> should probably take its list from [1].
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml
>>
>> Is cue completely dead? Should we then retire it completely following
>> http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#retiring-a-project ?
>>
>> It still has jobs setup and I see people submitting typo fixes etc.
>
> I'm not sure the cue is dead or not. But I think we should fix the
> failure of the job or remove the periodic jobs. Otherwise, the job
> just waste the resource of the OpenStack infra..

Yeah, that is a nice point.
And this case means openstack-health notifies this wasting resource on
the infra, that is good thing.
The failing job is already removed since
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404375/
So we will not see the failure on the dashboard soon, thanks for helping that.

> But we should have the filter feature like a 'Project Type' of
> stackalitics, probably. I think it's useful for openstack-health
> users.

Yeah, it might be useful. But it is fine to wait for seeing the above result.
Maybe our motivation of the filter feature will become less after that ;)

Thanks
Ken Ohmichi

---