[openstack-dev] [oslo] Propose to normalize namespaces

Morales, Victor victor.morales at intel.com
Fri Dec 2 19:07:25 UTC 2016

Hey there,

There is a mismatch of namespaces in neutron which uses AGENT and agent which is addressed by Ihar in the patch[1].  That raised the question is olo-config-generator should be normalize this namespaces, maybe(with my limited knowledge of oslo.conf) this change can be placed in _clean_opts function[2].  I personally like what Doug is suggesting[3], emitting a warning where is mixing case, which at least give us an idea of places where is having the same issue and eventually normalize them.  Any thoughts on this?

Regards,

Victor Morales

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/404362
[2] https://github.com/openstack/oslo.config/blob/master/oslo_config/generator.py#L331-L362