[openstack-dev] [keystone][devstack][rally][python-novaclient][magnum] switching to keystone v3 by default

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:39:32 UTC 2016

On Dec 1, 2016 8:25 AM, "Andrey Kurilin" <akurilin at mirantis.com> wrote:

> As I replied at IRC, please do not mix two separate issues!
> Yes, we have several scenarios which are not support keystone v3 yet. It
is an issue, but it is unrelated issue to described in the first mail.
> We have a job which is configured with proper IDENTITY_API_VERSION flag
and should be launched against Keystone v2, but there is only keystone v3
and it is a real issue.

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 at 17:48, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW - i'm seeing a common error in several of the rally failures [0]
[1] [2] [3]. Dims also pointed out a few bugs in rally for keystone v3
support [4].

>> I checked with the folks in #openstack-containers to see if they were
experiencing anymore fallout, but it looks like the magnum gate is under
control [5]. We're currently in #openstack-keystone talking through options
for the rally situation in case anyone feels like joining.

http://logs.openstack.org/87/404887/4/check/gate-rally-dsvm-neutron-existing-users-rally/ff60a83/console.html#_2016-12-01_08_05_55_268772
http://logs.openstack.org/43/405143/3/check/gate-rally-dsvm-neutron-existing-users-rally/3ee975b/console.html#_2016-12-01_08_39_02_618302
http://logs.openstack.org/83/394583/26/check/gate-rally-dsvm-cli/af28c0f/console.html#_2016-12-01_14_09_19_584427
http://logs.openstack.org/83/394583/26/check/gate-rally-dsvm-neutron-existing-users-rally/26cd009/console.html#_2016-12-01_14_15_17_147016
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-containers/%23openstack-containers.2016-12-01.log.html#t2016-12-01T14:57:00

>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Spyros Trigazis <strigazi at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> I think for magnum we are OK.
>>>
>>> This job [1] finished using keystone v3 [2]
>>>
>>> Spyros
>>>
>>> [1]
http://logs.openstack.org/93/400593/9/check/gate-functional-dsvm-magnum-api/93e8c14/
>>> [2]
http://logs.openstack.org/93/400593/9/check/gate-functional-dsvm-magnum-api/93e8c14/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2016-12-01_11_32_58_033

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+project:openstack-dev/devstack+branch:master+topic:bp/keystonev3

Keystone API

https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/rally.yaml#L70-L74

This has been a long running set of changes that has been in the works for
a long, long, long time. We have tried this before and have made a number
of changes needed for this. I agree there should have been at least one
more email announcement that this is occurring, I am a big -1 on revert. We
need to be at v3 only this cycle.

V2 is inherently insecure compared to v3. I apologize for the headache, but
I am going to ask politely that we/rally-team work on correcting the
scenario instead of reverting the change. This only improves OpenStack at
this point.

Thanks for understanding.
--Morgan