[openstack-dev] [oslo][monasca] Can we uncap python-kafka ?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu Dec 1 16:41:54 UTC 2016

Keen, Joe wrote:
> I¹ll look into testing the newest version of kafka-python and see if it
> meets our needs.  If it still isn¹t stable and performant enough what are
> the available options?

Fix the kafka-python library or fix monasca; those seem to be the
options to me :)

I'd also not like to block the rest of the world (from using newer
versions of kafka-python) during this as well. But then this may
diverge/expand into a discussion we had a few summits ago, about getting
rid of co-instability...

-Josh