[openstack-dev] [infra] Reliable way to filter CI in gerrit spam?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 31 23:46:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-31 18:58:31 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-08-31 17:59:43 +0100 (+0100), Matthew Booth wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> [...]
> > > Also we have naming conventions for third-party CI accounts that
> > > suggest they should end in " CI" so you could match on that.
> >
> > Yeah, all except 'Jenkins' :)
> [...]
>
> Right, that was mainly because there were more than a few people who
> expressed a desire to be able to receive E-mail messages on comments
> from the "Jenkins" account but not from third-party CI systems.
>
> > All the CIs I get gerrit spam from are on that list except
> > Jenkins. Do I have to enable something specifically to exclude
> > them?
> [...]
>
> No, as I understand it, since we set capability.emailReviewers="deny
> group Third-Party CI" in the global Gerrit configuration it should
> avoid sending E-mail for any of their comments.
> https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/access-control.html#capability_emailReviewers
> I guess we should troubleshoot that.

I spoke with Khai about it a bit in IRC, and he suggests the
description in the docs is quite literal. Basically it avoids
sending you those messages if you are only a reviewer on the change
or a watcher of the project, but if you're a change owner/author or
have starred the change you probably still receive them.
--
Jeremy Stanley