[openstack-dev] migrate_flavor_data doesn't flavor migrate meta data of VMs spawned during upgrade.

Suresh Vinapamula suresh.vin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:14:35 UTC 2016

>> While migrate_flavor_data seem to flavor migrate meta data of the VMs
>> that were spawned before upgrade procedure, it doesn't seem to flavor
>> migrate for the VMs that were spawned during the upgrade procedure more
>> specifically after openstack controller upgrade and before compute
>> upgrade. Am I missing something here or is it by intention?

>You can run the flavor migration as often as you need, and can certainly
>run it after your last compute is upgraded before you start to move into
>liberty.
>
>--Dan

Thanks Dan for your response. While I do run that before I start my
move to liberty, what I see is that it doesn't seem to flavor migrate
meta data for the VMs that are spawned after controller upgrade from
juno to kilo and before all computes upgraded from juno to kilo. The
current work around is to delete those VMs that are spawned after
controller upgrade and before all computes upgrade, and then initiate
liberty upgrade. Then it works fine.

Suresh