[openstack-dev] [TripleO] FFE request for ec2-api integration

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 20:54:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Sven Anderson <sven at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on the integration of the puppet-ec2api module. It is a
> (probably) very straight forward task. The only thing that is a current
> impediment is that puppet CI is currently not deploying and running
> tempest on puppet-ec2api. I'm currently working on getting the ec2
> credentials created within puppet-tempest, which are needed to run
> tempest on ec2api. Once this is done, it should be very quick thing.
> Here the changes that are not yet ready/merged. The change for THT is
> still missing.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357971
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/356442
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/336562
>
> I'd like to formally request an FFE for this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sven

I'll have the same kind of remark as I gave for Ceph RGW.

I haven't seen any effort to bring EC2API support in TripleO during
Newton cycle, I don't think it is the right choice to push the feature
at the end of the cycle, so close from release.
We're currently overloaded with all FFE and bugs we're trying to
land/fix, I don't think adding more bits in the stack will help.
As a retrospective for next time, I suggest to start the work at the
beginning of the cycle so we stop pushing-all-we-can at the end of
cycles.

My 2 cents again.
--
Emilien Macchi