[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Deprecating old CLI in python-fuelclient

Roman Prykhodchenko me at romcheg.me
Wed Aug 31 19:51:46 UTC 2016

Fuelers,

We are proud to announce that we finally managed to reach the point when the old CLI in python-fuelclient (aka the old Fuel Client) can be deprecated and replaced with fuel2 — a cliff based CLI. Support of the full set of commands that are required to operate Fuel was already implemented in fuel2. After the deprecation plan is done, users will no longer be able to use old commands unless they install an older version of python-fuelclient from PyPi.

I have published a specification [1] that describes in details what changes are going to be made and how can different users can live with those changes. The specification also contains a table that compares old and new CLI, so the migration process will be as smooth as possible.