[openstack-dev] [neutron] Is this a bug in metadata proxy...

ZZelle zzelle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:32:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

Are you sure metadata_proxy_user==neutron?

neutron-metadata-proxy must be able to connect to the metadata-agent socket
and watchs its log files and neutron user should be able to do both with
usual file permissions.

Otherwise the metadata proxy is generally no more able to:
- watch log[1] so you should set metadata_proxy_watch_log=False
- connect to the metadata-agent because of socket permissions, so you
should set metadata_proxy_socket_mode option[2] in order to let the
metadata agent set the correct perms on metadata socket.

If you provide metadata_proxy_user/group in l3/dhcp-agent and
metadata-agent config then neutron should be able to deduce both
metadata_proxy_watch_log and metadata_proxy_socket_mode values.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161494/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/165115/

Cédric/ZZelle