[openstack-dev] [kolla] Deadline Aug 31 for Newton Milestone #3

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Aug 30 21:59:10 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

The deadline for milestone #3 is August 31st (this is when we are tagging milestone #3).  We then have until September 15th to stabilize the release and tag rc1.  The release team branches occata at rc1, so if a feature doesn’t make rc1, its not making newton.  After rc1, any patches in master required for newton need to be backported into the stable/newton branch.

As far as bugs are concerned, we have a bit more time to release 3.0.0 because we use the cycle_trailing model.  However, our m1/m2/m3/rc1/rc2 must be on schedule.

Regards
-stee