[openstack-dev] [heat] RFC: Nested resources missing orchestration UUID at stack lifecycle plugin-time

D'ANDREA, JOE (JOE) jdandrea at research.att.com
Tue Aug 30 19:30:20 UTC 2016

I'd like to open the proverbial floor for feedback regarding a problem I'm trying to tackle. It concerns Heat's assignment of stack resource UUIDs prior to a stack's instantiation. (Note that this is not the same as physical UUIDs assigned by Nova, Cinder, et. al; one ID is upstream/heat-specific, the other is downstream/service-specific.)

For a summary of the use case, problem, and three (high level) proposals to solve it, please refer to Heat bug 1516807 [1].

My thinking so far: The first two proposals are non-starters, while the third one sounds the most plausible. I imagine there are others I haven't thought of.

Questions/feedback welcomed and appreciated, especially if it can help me draw a better bead on the scope of this change and what would need altering. I will then use that to help inform an initial blueprint and shepherd it forward.

Thank you!

jd

--
Joe D’Andrea
Cloud Services and Technology Research Lab

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1516807