[openstack-dev] [glance] Barcelona summit space requirements and session planning etherpad

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:30:23 UTC 2016

This was sent earlier in the day. Please note the final request for
schedule sent: FB: 2, WR: 2, CM: 1

Also, a request was made to have all Glance sessions on same day for the
convenience of the audience willing to show up (be in the same
place/floor/etc.) and request for the contributors' meetup to be on
Friday morning rather than afternoon so that participants can choose to
attend other contributors' meetup in the afternoon or leave early. This
was based on the experience from Austin summit where many participants
had to leave in the middle of Glance's CM to attend some other and then
came back. Hopefully, this plan works for the majority this time.

On 8/29/16 6:43 PM, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder that I will be sending the final summit
> planning request for slots for Glance first thing tomorrow. So, please
> cast your vote if haven't already. Thanks!
>

> From the looks of it, the current winner looks to be FB: 2, WR: 2, CM: 1
> (Friday afternoon) -- but this could change.
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-glance-summit-planning
>

> On 8/25/16 11:58 AM, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Just wanted to point out to those who haven't been to Glance meetings in
>> the past couple of weeks that we've to submit space requirements for the
>> Barcelona design summit early next week. I've listed the constraints
>> poised in front of us in the planning etherpad [1]. Please see the top
>> portion of this etherpad under "Layout Proposal" to either propose or
>> vote on the layout proposal options to help us collaboratively determine
>> the space needs for Glance. Currently there are 2 proposals and if you
>> don't have any other in mind, please cast your vote on the given.
>>

>> I need the votes by EOD on Monday 29th Aug and will be sending our final
>> space requirement request first thing on Tuesday 30th.
>>

>> On another note, if you want to start proposing sessions for the summit
>> feel free to scroll to the bottom of the etherpad for the template and
>> the slots for the topics.
>>

>> Let me know if you've any questions.
>>

>> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-glance-summit-planning

Nikhil