[openstack-dev] [kuryr] openstack/kuryr-libnetwork dropping 'common' subpackage

Antoni Segura Puimedon celebdor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:13:52 UTC 2016

Hi fellow kuryrs!

There is a proposal for dropping the 'common' openstack/kuryr-libnetwork
package and move its pieces in the parent kuryr_libnetwork package [1].

The idea behind 'common' was that it would serve the current purpose
developed by the openstack/kuryr repository, i.e., to serve as a place to
put the utilities/config used by all the Kuryr integrations (be it
libnetwork, k8s, fuxi). Since we were advised and decided to split
openstack/kuryr into:

- openstack/kuryr: Kuryr library for common functionality and configurations
- openstack/kuryr-libnetwork: For Docker libnetwork specific code

The meaningful options for what to do about the 'common' package are two:

- Repurpose it to contain common code for different kuryr-libnetwork
drivers and refactor kuryr in plugins IPAM, Remote Driver.
- Move the common modules to the parent package.

Personally, I could see a nice clean separation with the former, but I have
to say that at the current stage, after all the friction we got from the
repository split, the best option in my mind is to go with the latter
option.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/361567/

Antoni Segura Puimedon