[openstack-dev] [all][massively distributed][architecture]Coordination between actions/WGs

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Tue Aug 30 03:48:37 UTC 2016

Hello, Jay,

> The Telco vCPE and Mobile "Edge cloud" (hint: not a cloud) use cases

Do you mean Mobile Edge Computing for Mobile "Edge cloud"? If so, it's cloud. The introduction slides [1]  can help you to learn the use cases quickly, there are lots of material in ETSI website[2].

[1] http://www.etsi.org/images/files/technologies/MEC_Introduction_slides__SDN_World_Congress_15-10-14.pdf
[2] http://www.etsi.org/technologies-clusters/technologies/mobile-edge-computing

And when we talk about massively distributed cloud, vCPE is only one of the scenarios( now in argue - ing ), but we can't forget that there are other scenarios like  vCDN, vEPC, vIMS, MEC, IoT etc. Architecture level discussion is still necessary to see if current design and new proposals can fulfill the demands. If there are lots of proposals, it's good to compare the pros. and cons, and which scenarios the proposal work, which scenario the proposal can't work very well.

( Hope this reply in the thread :) )

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang(joehuang)