[openstack-dev] [release] stable/newton branching schedule

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 29 21:27:56 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-08-29 16:49:20 -0400:
> Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-08-26 10:29:19 -0400:
> > I plan to create the stable/newton branches for non-client libraries on
> > Monday based on the most recently tagged versions according to
> > the deliverable files in openstack/releases. If you *know* you are going
> > to need a bug fix release and want me to hold off, please speak up
> > before Monday morning US Eastern time.
>
> I've started creating these branches for teams where the PTL confirmed
> they were ready. Please look for the .gitreview [1] and reno updates
> [2] on the new branches and take over the patches if they need to
> be fixed up in order to land properly.
>
> Doug
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:create-newton
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:reno-newton

My process document was missing a step, so most of those patches won't
land until we update the devstack-gate feature list [3]. I'll announce
when it's safe to recheck.

Sorry for the confusion,
Doug

[3] https://review.openstack.org/362435