[openstack-dev] [Nova] Support specified volume_type when boot instance, do we like it?

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 06:50:58 UTC 2016

Hi, all

Currently we have customer demands about adding parameter "volume_type" to
--block-device to provide the support of specified storage backend to boot
instance. And I find one newly drafted Blueprint that aiming to address the
same feature:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-boot-instance-set-store-type
;

As I know this is kind of "proxy" feature for cinder and we don't like it
in general, but as the boot from volume functional was already there, so
maybe it is OK to support another parameter?

So, my question is that what are your opinions about this in general? Do
you like it or it will not be able to got approved at all?

Thanks,

Kevin Zheng