[openstack-dev] [all][massively distributed][architecture]Coordination between actions/WGs

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Mon Aug 29 04:02:41 UTC 2016

Hello, Bin,

Understand your expectation. In Tricircle big-tent application: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/338796/, a proposal was also given to add plugin mechnism in Nova/Cinder API layer, just like Neutron support plugin mechanism in API layer, that boosts innovation for different backend implementation to be supported, from ODL to OVN, Open Contrail....

Mobile edging computing, NFV netwoking, distributed edge cloud etc are some new scneario for OpenStack, I suggest to have at least two successive dedicated design summit sessions to discuss about that f2f, the topics to be discussed could be:

1, Use cases
2, Requirements  in detail
3, Gaps in OpenStack
4, Proposal to be discussed