[openstack-dev] [Manila] FFE for "HPE 3PAR Pool feature"

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Fri Aug 26 23:04:09 UTC 2016

On 08/26/2016 02:38 PM, Mehta, jay wrote:
> Hello all
>
> ,
>
> I am requesting you all to grant me an exception for Pools feature for
> HPE 3PAR driver. The patch that implements this feature is:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/329552/implementing blueprint blueprint
> hpe3par-pool-support
> <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=hpe3par-pool-support>
>

> I have fixed tempest and py34 failures which are passing now. Also I had
> Jenkins failure for some unit tests with in Huawei and share drivers,
> for which I have uploaded another patch that fixes these unit test
> failures: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/360088/
>

> This is a good feature to have for us in Newton release. I have had few
> code reviews in the past and I have addressed those changes. I believe
> there won’t be many review comments going further and this should be
> easy to merge.
>
> This is not a big feature, and has most of the code changes specific to
> 3PAR driver. Unit test are implemented to increase code coverage at
> desired level.
>

> Please grant exemption for marginal delay and consider this change for
> Newton release.

This FFE is granted, however there are remaining concerns about the code
that need to be addressed. Granting this FFE isn't a guarantee that the
patch will merge, just that we will consider it.

For the future I'd like to remind people that the FPF deadline means you
shouldn't continue adding features to your patch after the deadline. The
only changes we should see to patches after FPF are responses to review
comments and resolving of merge conflicts.

-Ben