[openstack-dev] [tempest][cinder] Clone feature toggle not in clone tests

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Fri Aug 26 10:01:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Ben Swartzlander <ben at swartzlander.org>
wrote:

> Originally the NFS driver did support snapshots, but it was implemented by
> just 'cp'ing the file containing the raw bits. This works fine (if
> inefficiently) for unattached volumes, but if you do this on an attached
> volume the snapshot won't be crash consistent at all.
>
> It was decided that we could do better for attached volumes by switching
> to qcow2 and relying on nova to perform the snapshots. Based on this, the
> bad snapshot implementation was removed.
>
> However, for a variety of reasons the nova-assisted snapshot
> implementation has remained unmerged for 2+ years and the NFS driver has
> been an exception to the rules for that whole time.

I am not sure to understand what you mean by "the nova-assisted snapshot
implementation has remained unmerged for 2+ years". It looks merged to me
[1] and several Cinder drivers dependent on it as far as I know.

[1]:
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2.1.html#os-assisted-volume-snapshots-v2.1

--
 <http://bit.ly/2aKbaTu>