[openstack-dev] [Nova] Interface in PEER2PEER live migration

Alberto Planas Dominguez aplanas at suse.de
Thu Aug 25 15:54:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 11:41 -0400, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> I think where the confusion is coming is that libvirt will work in
> two different ways with P2P migration. If the TUNNELLED flag is set,
> then the migration data will go over the Libvirtd <-> libvirtd
> connection, which is influenced by the live_migration_inbound_addr
> parameter.

Right.

>  If the TUNNELED flag is not set the data is QEMU <-> QEMU directly,
> and that needs the extra URI set.

Exactly.

> What we need todo is fix the Nova code so that when the TUNNELLED
> flag
> is *not* set, we also provide the extra URI, using the hostname/ip
> addr
> listed in live_migration_inbound_addr, falling back to the compute
> hostname
> if live_migration_inbound_addr is not set.

This will work, but I have the feeling that this will give
to live_migration_inbound_addr two meanings, that depends on the kind
of live migration configured.

I will adapt the patch to follow this path!

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)