[openstack-dev] [kolla] Need clarify about baremetal host group and role in Ansible

duonghq at vn.fujitsu.com duonghq at vn.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 24 04:41:48 UTC 2016

Hi all, sean-k-mooney,

In recent baremetal patchset [1] from sean-k-mooney, file ansible/inventory/multinode has following code snippet:

> [baremetal:children]
> control
> network
> compute
> storage

But all-in-one inventory does not have any change, so I have some questions after read through code base:
- Why all-in-one is treated differently.
- Do you treat every nodes as baremetal node?
If the answer is "yes" so why we put it in "baremetal" role/group, I think it is quite misleading.
- Why many host setup playbooks are placed in baremetal role? I think we can factor out to more general role.

Fix me if I wrong.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/325631

Best regards,

duonghq