[openstack-dev] [bifrost] Question about the "nics" argument provide to ansible os_ironic module.

hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn
Wed Aug 24 03:11:04 UTC 2016

Hi Bifrost Team,

>From the code study about Bifrost and Shade I found that the "nics"
argument provide to ansible's os_ironic module is used for creating ports
for a bare metal. I think it is related to neutron. But for bifrost which
uses ironic in standalone mode, there is no need to create ports like
this. So I don't know why we need to provide the "nics" argument. Is it
optional or even shall be hidden from Bifrost user's eyes?

Thanks.

B.R.,
Zhijiang