[openstack-dev] [gate] [cinder] A current major cause for gate failure - cinder backups

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Aug 24 02:21:00 UTC 2016

The gate is in a bad state, as people may have noticed. We're only at a
50% characterization for integrated-gate right now -
http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/data/integrated_gate.html
which means there are a lot of unknown bugs in there.

Spot checking one job - gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full-ubuntu-xenial -
6 of the 7 fails were failure of cinder backup -
http://logs.openstack.org/92/355392/4/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-postgres-full-ubuntu-xenial/582fbd7/console.html#_2016-08-17_04_55_24_109972
- though they were often different tests.

With the current state of privsep logging (hundreds of lines at warn
level) it is making it difficult for me to narrow this down further. I
do suspect this might be another concurrency shake out from os-brick, so
it probably needs folks familiar to go through logs with a fine toothed
comb to get to root cause. If anyone can jump on that, it would be great.

This is probably not the only big new issue, but it seems like a pretty
concrete one that solving would help drop out merge window (which is 16
hours).

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague