[openstack-dev] [neutron][flavor][lbaas]Running neutron flavor commands using cli

Evgeny Fedoruk EvgenyF at Radware.com
Tue Aug 23 16:38:46 UTC 2016

Hi Ahana,

Neutron Flavors, as it is now, is just an initial implementation with no scheduling or meta templating implemented.
The flavor actually has its identifiers ena/dis, and service type it belongs to.
The flavor profile has identifiers, driver FQN, ena/dis and metainfo (which has no implementation right now)
There is also a table binding those two entities.

When LB is created with flavor but not with a provider, LBaaS plugin is requesting neutron's flavor plugin to get the provider while supplying flavor id.
Then, neutron's flavor plugin gets the first suitable provider.  No scheduling is in place yet.

Driver has no chance to know which flavor or service profile was used to invoke it.

In past, I used the flavors extension in past and succeeded to create LB while specifying flavor in. Can try to help you with this.

In order to make the current flavors plugin useful before flavors templating and meta are in place,
I pushed this change, so driver will be able to get its provider meta info when needed.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318153
It's just a neutron side of the work, I'm planning to  push the LBaaS side soon, which will show how it can be used
And also a driver code which uses it.

Regarding the full implementation of flavors and its usage in LBaaS, the RST is here  https://github.com/openstack/neutron-specs/blob/master/specs/mitaka/neutron-flavor-framework-templates.rst

I plan to implement it or part of it, but have some conceptual questions on the RST

Regards,
Evgeny