[openstack-dev] [vitrage] entity graph layout

Yujun Zhang zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 01:29:36 UTC 2016

I'm considering to use Cytoscape.js [1] to improve the layout for entity
graph view.

Cytoscape.js is a graph theory (a.k.a. network) library for analysis and
visualisation which under active maintenance (latest release 2.7.8 on Aug
18, 2016) [2], while the current library d3-dagre [3] is declared not being
actively developed or maintained.

Meanwhile, I'm building a proof of concept for visualizing the entity graph
with Cytoscape.

Could anybody give a list on the required features for this view? Any
comments are welcome.

[1] http://js.cytoscape.org/
[2] https://github.com/cytoscape/cytoscape.js
[3] https://github.com/cpettitt/dagre-d3