[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [stable] [all] Changing stable policy for drivers

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:44:32 UTC 2016

What is the logic for that? It's a massive duplication of effort, and it
leads to defacto forks and inconsistencies between clouds - exactly what
the OpenStack mission is against.

Many/most of the clouds actually in production are already out of upstream
stable policy. The more convergence we can get on what happens after that
the better. There are zero advantages I can see to each vendor going it
alone.