[openstack-dev] [glance] [osc] an important regression related to python-glanceclient 2.4.0

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:32:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

Recently a bug [1] was discovered affecting openstack client that
resulted into python-glanceclient not being compatible with the later.

As this issue contains complexity more than what meets the eye a revert
[2] to a commit that recently introduced this bug has been proposed.
Nevertheless, we would like to know why that revert is helping as it's
subsiding an underlying issue.

While we dig more into the details, a solution to help the packagers,
operators, different projects, etc. has been proposed via commits [3,
4]. Please consider the global requirements sync as a short term
solution for this issue/bug until we provide a cleaner solution.

You are welcome to drop by on #openstack-glance or reach out via email,
if having issues and bug isn't sufficient source of information.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+bug/1614971
[2] https://review.openstack.org/357624
[3] https://review.openstack.org/357937
[4] https://review.openstack.org/357955