[openstack-dev] [ironic] Driver removal policies - should we make it softer?

Mathieu Mitchell mmitchell at internap.com
Fri Aug 19 14:54:19 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-19 10:42 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> 3) Add a ``enable_unsupported_drivers`` config option that allows enabling
>> >    drivers marked supported=False. If a driver is in enabled_drivers, has
> Do you mean "in disabled_drivers" there?

enabled_drivers is the list of all drivers to be loaded by the
conductor, see [0]. In other words, if the operator wants a driver
marked as supported=False, enable_unsupported_drivers has to be enabled,
otherwise conductor will fail to start.

Mathieu

[0]
https://github.com/openstack/ironic/blob/master/etc/ironic/ironic.conf.sample#L23