[openstack-dev] [ironic] Driver removal policies - should we make it softer?

Mathieu Mitchell mmitchell at internap.com
Fri Aug 19 14:46:08 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-19 10:15 AM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> 3) Add a ``enable_unsupported_drivers`` config option that allows enabling
>    drivers marked supported=False. If a driver is in enabled_drivers, has
>    supported=False, and enable_unsupported_drivers=False, ironic-conductor
>    will fail to start. Setting enable_unsupported_drivers=True will allow
>    ironic-conductor to start with warnings emitted.

I very much like that idea. It allows users (deployers/operators) to
simply enable the setting and establish a discussion / put pressure on
their hardware vendor. Plus, they can always accept the "unsupported"
route and submit bugs / maintain it themselves, since they have access
to the hardware.

Mathieu