[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Design Summit Space Needs

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Aug 18 21:27:41 UTC 2016

Hey team,

I need to let folks know what we would like for rooms in Barcelona. This
is always the tricky part of guesstimating what we will need by then.
I'll bring this up in next week's meeting to discuss, but I wanted to
get it out there so everyone could start thinking about it now.

In Austin Cinder had four fishbowls, five working rooms, and the day
long Friday contributor meetup.

Things are going to be a little more compressed in Barcelona. This
should probably be OK given where things are, plus Ocata will be a
shorter than normal cycle.

There are also more projects competing for space.

Everyone is restricted to just the last half day afternoon for the
contributor meetup. If you haven't already booked your travel, please
try to stick around until Saturday so we have good attendance.

Last time we spent a lot of time on "educational" sessions to make sure
everyone knew the status of some of the ongoing "works in progress"
like OVO and HA. I think we'll need less time for that this time around.

Just to throw something out there to go off of, I'm thinking 3 fishbowls
and 4 working rooms.

Feel free to respond with thoughts one way or another. I'll try to pull
together everything to discuss higher bandwidth next Wednesday in the
meeting.

Thanks!
Sean