[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Newbie question regarding Ceilometer notification plugin

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Aug 16 13:03:46 UTC 2016

On 15/08/16 02:23 PM, Wanjing Xu (waxu) wrote:

We are trying to develop a program which can draw the VMs topology.  For
this we need to listen VM creation/deletion event and act upon it.  I
would think Ceilometer is the right place for this.  So I download and
read Ceilometer a little bit.  If somebody can give me a pointer to where
I can start to hook my program with the notification mechanism of the
ceilometer, that would be a great.

Thanks and any suggestions are welcome!

you can take a look at Events as well: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/events.html

there is a translation file[1] and pipeline[2] related to it

[1] https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/event_definitions.yaml
[2] https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/event_pipeline.yaml

--
gord