[openstack-dev] [oslo] RPC call not appearing to retry

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 02:50:45 UTC 2016

Hi all, I'm running into an issue with oslo-messaging PRC call not
appearing to retry. If I do oslo_messaging.RPCClient(transport, target,
timeout=5, retry=10).call(self.context, method, **kwargs) using a topic
with no listeners, I consistently get the MessagingTimeout exception in 5
seconds, with no apparent retry attempt. Any tips on whether this is a
user error or a bug or a feature? Thanks so much!

It happens with both drivers rabbit and kombu+memory (oslo.messaging:
5.7.0; rabbitmq-server: 3.2.4-1).