[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Binary Package Dependencies - not only for Python

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 12 19:53:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-12 21:20:34 +0200 (+0200), Julien Danjou wrote:
[...]
> If bindep.txt is present, are the "standard" packages still installed?
> If yes, this is going to be more challenging to get bindep.txt right, as
> a missing entry will go unnoticed.

As Andreas mentioned, we have a fallback list[*] which gets
installed in most (non-devstack) jobs when you don't have a
bindep.txt or other-requirements.txt in your repo. That said, the
addition/modification/removal of that file is accounted for in jobs
that test a change doing that, so you can see whether it will work
on our infrastructure simply by proposing the change to your project
and seeing if any of your jobs fail due to missing packages.

[*] <URL: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/data/bindep-fallback.txt >
--
Jeremy Stanley