[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Binary Package Dependencies - not only for Python

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:09:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 08/12/2016 08:37 PM, Clay Gerrard wrote:
> >
> > ... but ... it doesn't have a --install option?  Do you know if that is
> > strictly out-of-scope or roadmap or ... ?
>

> Right now we don't need it - we take the output and pipe that to yum/apt
> etc...
>
> See

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/jenkins/scripts/install-distro-packages.sh

the -b option is great - thanks for the pointer!

  -b, --brief           List only missing packages one per line.

It should have been more obvious to me that it meant "you should totally
use this as input into your package manager"!

But, to be clear, when you say "we don't need it" - you *mean" - "yeah, we
totally need it and added it as bash in a different project"?  ;)

but also *not* strictly out-of-scope?  Or not sure?  Or patches welcome and
we'll see!?  Or .. we can *both* continue to use our existing tools to
solve this problem in the same way we always have?  :P

Thanks again,

-Clay