[openstack-dev] [requirements] Why module has been deleted even if it is consumed by the project?

Andrey Pavlov andrey.mp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:53:42 UTC 2016

Thanks for the answer,

I don't know why - but requirements job is not in the list of jobs. It
present only in comment from jenkins.
Logs are here -
http://logs.openstack.org/67/354667/1/check/gate-ec2-api-requirements/4e9e1da/

And I would like to include ec2api project to openstack/requirements/
projects.txt
Is it possible?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Andrey Pavlov's message of 2016-08-12 16:50:21 +0300:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I've tried to bump version in ec2api project for some library - I've
> > got an error from requirements-gate job [1].
> > I've investigated this issue and found that this module was deleted from
> > global requirements with comment 'only ec2api is using it'.
> > It was done in the review [2].
> >
> > What happens?
> > Why consumed module was deleted?
> > How I can update this requirement now?
> > What means phrase "This is not consumed by any projects managed by
> > requirements."?
> >

> > [1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/354667/
> > [2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/321955/
> >

> It looks like you're trying to change the version of botocore used by
> the ec2-api project. Is that right?
>
> I don't see the requirements gate job in the list of tests that ran
> against patch [1] at all, so I'm not sure where the error message
> you reported is coming from. Can you link to a log from the job?
>
> I don't see ec2-api listed in openstack/requirements/projects.txt
> as a project that receives automated updates from the global
> requirements list. Looking through all of the requirements files
> for all projects, I get:
>
> ec2-api               requirements.txt           botocore>=1.0.0
> rpm-packaging         global-requirements.txt    botocore>=1.0.0
>
> Because only projects that aren't syncing requirements were using
> botocore, it didn't need to be included in the list of global
> requirements that is synced with projects. You should be able to
> modify your requirements list directly to update to the newer
> version.
>
> Doug

Kind regards,
Andrey Pavlov.