[openstack-dev] [TripleO] additional git repo(s) for tripleo-quickstart

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 12:38:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 03:26:18PM -0400, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In an effort to make TripleO CI composable and managed and governed by the
> TripleO project we have  found the need to create additional git repos in
> openstack under the TripleO project.  This could also be done outside of
> the TripleO project, but ideally it's in TripleO.
>
> I'm proposing the creation of a repo called tripleo-quickstart-extras that
> would contain some or all of the current third party roles used with
> TripleO-Quickstart.
>
> The context behind this discussion is that we would like to use oooq to
> document baremetal deployments to supplement and or replace the current
> TripleO documentation.  It would be ideal of the code used to create this
> documentation was part of the TripleO project.
>
> We're looking for discussion and permission for a new TripleO git repo to
> be created.
>
>From an infrastructure point of view, creating additional git repos is
straight forward.

The way I see it is, either create tripleo-quickstart-extras repo with all your
roles, or start doing individual roles for example:

  ansible-role-tripleo-build-all-the-things

I'd be on board with using the ansible-role-tripleo prefix for roles specific to
tripleo. And it seems to be your current naming schema too.