[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Constraints are ready to be used for tox.ini

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 11:44:19 UTC 2016

Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 08/12/2016 12:13 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
>> Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

>>> Yes, that was the hardest part to get working, but thanks to
>>> tireless efforts on the part of a number of people that has now been
>>> fixed and tested.
>>
>> Yay! Kudos to everyone who made it happen!
>>
>> I posted a bunch of patches for neutron repos to validate it works:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I02b28d3b354c3b175147c5be36eea4dc7e05f2a3,n,z
>
> The real validation is checking the results of post, tag, and release
> queue...
>
> I don't expect surprises in check/gate queue…

Yeah, we will need to land those to check post queue. But at least we can
validate that constraints are correctly applied for where we execute the
targets in check queue (f.e. tox -e releasenotes). I checked releasenotes
target in all neutron repos with those patches, and at least
os-client-config is now not pulling the latest version, but the one in
current upper-constraints.txt file, so it’s already something.

> One caveat: Constraints cannot be used for jobs running on long-lived
> nodes unless special care is taken - like I did for translation jobs,

I probably lack some knowledge here. What are those jobs, and how do I
detect them?

Ihar