[openstack-dev] [cinder] [neutron] [ironic] [api] [doc] API status report

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Aug 11 14:52:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at justwriteclick.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I wanted to report on status and answer any questions you all have about
> the API reference and guide publishing process.
>
> The expectation is that we provide all OpenStack API information on
> developer.openstack.org. In order to meet that goal, it's simplest for
> now to have all projects use the RST+YAML+openstackdocstheme+os-api-ref
> extension tooling so that users see available OpenStack APIs in a sidebar
> navigation drop-down list.
>
> --Migration--
> The current status for migration is that all WADL content is migrated
> except for trove. There is a patch in progress and I'm in contact with the
> team to assist in any way. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/316381/
>
> --Theme, extension, release requirements--
> The current status for the theme, navigation, and Sphinx extension tooling
> is contained in the latest post from Graham proposing a solution for the
> release number switchover and offers to help teams as needed:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-August/101112.html
> I hope to meet the requirements deadline to get those changes landed.
> Requirements freeze is Aug 29.
>
> --Project coverage--
> The current status for project coverage is that these projects are now
> using the RST+YAML in-tree workflow and tools and publishing to
> http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/<servicename> so they will be
> included in the upcoming API navigation sidebar intended to span all
> OpenStack APIs:
>
> designate http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/dns/
> glance http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/image/
> heat http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/orchestration/
> ironic http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/baremetal/
> keystone http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/identity/
> manila http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/shared-file-systems/
> neutron-lib http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/networking/
> nova http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/
> sahara http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/data-processing/
> senlin http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/clustering/
> swift http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/object-storage/
> zaqar http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/messaging/
>
> These projects are using the in-tree workflow and common tools, but do not
> have a publish job in project-config in the jenkins/jobs/projects.yaml file.
>
> ceilometer

Sorry, in reviewing further today I found another project that does not
have a publish job but has in-tree source files:

cinder

Team cinder: can you let me know where you are in your publishing comfort
level? Please add an api-ref-jobs: line with a target of block-storage
to jenkins/jobs/projects.yaml in the project-config repo to ensure
publishing is correct.

Another issue is the name of the target directory for the final URL. Team
ironic can I change your api-ref-jobs: line to bare-metal instead of
baremetal? It'll be better for search engines and for alignment with the
other projects URLs: https://review.openstack.org/354135

I've also uncovered a problem where a neutron project's API does not have
an official service name, and am working on a solution but need help from
the neutron team: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351407
Thanks,
Anne

--