[openstack-dev] [vitrage] aodh datasource properties

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Thu Aug 11 10:26:22 UTC 2016

Hi Yujun,

There are few ways to create Aodh alarms. You are referring to event-alarms, and I believe you are right about the bug.

Note, however, that for threshold-alarm, the resource_id appears without the “traits” prefix, so Vitrage Aodh datasource should be able to handle both cases. An example for creating a threshold alarm:
ceilometer alarm-threshold-create --name 'cpu_alarm' --description 'CPU utilization is above 70%' -m 'cpu_util' --period 60 --threshold 0.7  --comparison-operator gt --query 'resource_id=5f6db701-19d6-4a98-895b-8094f2bd7304'

Hope it helped,
Ifat.

From: Yujun Zhang
Date: Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 12:36

It seems the aodh properties definition in vitrage [1] is not consistent with the latest ceilometer spec [2].

The response_id is now encapsulated in `traits` and we must prepend the scope in query to make it a valid alarm condition, e.g. `query: [{u'field': u'traits.resource_id', u'type': u'string', u'value': u'...'`

But in vitrage, the resource id is parsed from key 'resource_id' [3] and always get an empty result.

Could anybody confirm whether this is a bug or not? Tracked in https://bugs.launchpad.net/vitrage/+bug/1612152

- [1] https://github.com/openstack/vitrage/blob/master/vitrage/datasources/aodh/properties.py#L27
- [2]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/event_definitions.yaml#L76