[openstack-dev] [octavia] Multi-node controller testing

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 08:46:09 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 9:51 PM, Stephen Balukoff <stephen at balukoff.com> wrote:
> Miguel--
>
> There have been a number of tempest patches in the review queue for a long
> time now, but I think the reason they're not getting attention is that we
> don't want to have to import a massive amount of tempest code into our
> repository (which will become stale and need hot-fixing, as has happened
> with neutron-lbaas on many occasions), and it appears tempest-lib doesn't
> yet support all the stuff we would need to do with it.

I guess you mean [1]

> People have suggested Rally, but so far nobody has come forth with code, or
> a strong desire to push it through.

I guess rally is more suited to make sure that things work at scale,
to uncover any sort of race conditions (This would be specially
beneficial in multinode controllers).

But I understand (I can be wrong) that we still need to have something
(tempest-plugin) to make sure that integration works with nova &
neutron. I'm going to check those patches to see what was the
discussion and issues over there (I see this one [1] to start with,
which is probably the most important)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/octavia+branch:master+topic:octavia_basic_lb_scenario

[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172199/66..75/.testr.conf