[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]:Duplicate messages with Ceilometer Kafka Publisher.

Raghunath D raghunath.d at tcs.com
Thu Aug 11 08:13:26 UTC 2016

Hi ,

  We are injecting events to our custom plugin in ceilometer.
  The ceilometer pipeline.yaml  is configured to publish these events over
kafka and udp, consuming these samples using kafka and udp clients.

  KAFKA publisher:
  -----------------------
  When the events are sent continously ,we can see duplicate msg's are
recevied in kafka client.
  From the log it seems ceilometer kafka publisher is failed to send
msg's,but still these msgs
  are received by kafka server.So when kafka resends these failed msgs we
can see duplicate msg's
  received in kafka client.
  Please find the attached log for reference.
  Is this know issue ?
  Is their any workaround for this issue ?

  UDP publisher:
    No duplicate msg's issue seen here and it is working as expected.

With Best Regards
Raghunath Dudyala
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: raghunath.d at tcs.com