[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][tc] extra ATCs for newton

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Aug 10 16:24:15 UTC 2016

It's time to make sure we have all of our active technical contributors
(ATCs) identified for Newton.

Following the Foundation bylaws [1] and TC Charter [2], Project
teams should identify contributors who have had a significant impact
this cycle but who would not qualify for ATC status using the regular
process because they have not submitted a patch.  Contributions
might include, but aren't limited to, bug triage, design work, and
documentation -- there is a lot of leeway in how teams define
contribution for ATC status.

The resulting list of names should be submitted as a patch to the
"extra-atcs" section in openstack/governance/reference/projects.yaml
for review by the TC.

Although extra ATCs can be nominated at any point, there is a
deadline to be included in the electorate for the next release
cycle. The ATC list needs to be approved by the TC by 25 Aug, and
in order to appear on the TC agenda to be discussed, the proposals
need to be submitted by 16 Aug.

PTLs can delegate preparing the patch to the governance repository, but
please +1 the patch indicating that you agree with the list to avoid
delays in the TC review.

Thanks,
Doug

[1] http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/