[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Fernet Key rotation

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 15:31:29 UTC 2016

On 09/08/16 21:21, Adam Young wrote:
> On 08/09/2016 06:00 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
>>
>> In either case a good mechanism might be to use a Heat Software
>> Deployment via the Heat API directly (i.e. not as part of a stack) to
>> push changes to the servers. (I say 'push' but it's more a case of
>> making the data available for os-collect-config to grab it.)
>
> This is the part that interests me most.  The rest, I'll code in python
> and we can call either from mistral or from Cron.  What would a stack
> like this look like?  Are there comparable examples?

Basically use the "openstack software config create" command to upload a
script and the "openstack software deployment create" command to deploy
it to a server. I don't have an example I can point you at, but the data
is in essentially the same format as the properties of the corresponding
Heat resources.[1][2] Steve Baker would know if we have any more
detailed docs.

- ZB

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Heat::SoftwareConfig