[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron Port MAC Address Uniqueness

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 09:04:25 UTC 2016

@moshe, any insight on this?

I guess that'd depend on the nic internal switch implementation and
how the switch ARP tables are handled there (per network, or global
per switch).

If that's the case for some sr-iov vendors (or all), would it make
sense to have a global switch to create globally unique mac addresses
(for the same neutron deployment, of course).