[openstack-dev] [requirements] History lesson please

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Aug 9 06:38:35 UTC 2016

Hi all,
    I guess this is aimed at the long term requirements team members.

The current policy for approving requirements[1] bumps contains the following text:

    Changes to update the minimum version of a library developed by the
    OpenStack community can be approved by one reviewer, as long as the
    constraints are correct and the tests pass.

Perhaps I'm a little risk adverse but this seems a little strange to me.  Can
folks that know more about how this came about help me understand why that is?

Yours Tony.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/README.rst#for-upgrading-requirements-versions